Beauty & Spa
Water, steam, soft lights and heady scents, the Wellness welcomes a wonderful indoor swimming pool, with waterfall and whirlpool, where you can spend real moments of relaxation and relaxation.
Both for the body and for the spirit and soul, a treatment that above all gives the body well-being to eliminate the toxins accumulated by daily stress.
The center is equipped with a modern and efficient gym to recover and maintain its shape. Mens sana in corpore sana: an ancient maxim that never loses value.
Health is an indispensable asset. After a day of work, a relaxing massage that loosens the muscles and strengthens the immune system.
Piana delle Orme is a theme park created within the farmhouse of the same name to host one of the largest and most diverse collections in the world. Dedicated to the twentieth century, the museum complex represents a journey through 50 years of Italian history. Over 30 thousand square meters of exhibition to tell the traditions and culture of peasant civilization, the great reclamation works of the Pontine Marshes, the Second World War, but also to show vehicles and vehicles at the dawn of the great industrialization and the toys with which the children of yesteryear amused. A museum for everyone, where children and adults can find and relive.
The House of Architecture is an institute of urban culture, founded in 1998. It develops, supports and disseminates research and studies aimed at the knowledge, protection and safeguard of the architectural and environmental heritage that substantiates the urban forms of the Pontine territory.
In 1984 the Municipality of Latina decided to celebrate the profound relationship that existed between Duilio Cambellotti and the Pontine territory with the exhibition Duilio Cambellotti sculptor and Agro Pontino, set up at the former Opera Balilla, a building of the city of foundation designed by architect Oriolo Frezzotti in 1932. Starting precisely from that important nucleus – embellished over the years by other significant acquisitions – the Civic Museum Duilio Cambellotti in Latina was born in 2005, with headquarters (not surprisingly) in the building of the former Opera Balilla. There are sculptures, drawings, tempera paintings, woodcuts, ceramics, books, medals, posters and documents, which document almost exhaustively about half a century of activity by the Roman artist in the Pontine territory.
The Agro Pontino Reclamation Consortium is a body governed by public law. It ensures effective territorial protection, carrying out interventions in the field of soil protection, water regulation, irrigation, protection of water resources and the environment. To encourage knowledge of the history of the Agro Pontino area, the Land Reclamation Consortium promotes and implements a series of cultural and educational initiatives every year. Through qualified personnel, the Consortium accompanies interested parties visiting the area. By appointment, it is possible to visit the headquarters of Corso Matteotti in Latina where a permanent photographic exhibition is displayed, some of the most important draining systems, such as the Mazzocchio plant, the Pontemaggiore Study Center and some sites where the Consortium performs maintenance works.
Located on the western side of Monte Corvino, a few kilometers from Sermoneta, it is one of the best known monasteries in the province of Latina. Its construction dates back to the second half of the twelfth century, around 1166, by a group of exiled Cistercian monks who had to abandon their monastery of Santa Maria di Marmosolio (near Ninfa), destroyed by Federico Barbarossa’s troops.
The Valvisciolo Abbey Museum was established in 2003 in the premises of the former Cistercian Cenobio Dispensarium. Its heritage is composed of the works preserved in the Abate Stanislao White Gallery, its central nucleus, where engravings by Durer, Rembrandt, Canaletto, Piranesi, Goya, Drawings by Giordamo, Camuccini and paintings by Pomarancio, Mariani are included.
Founded in 1937 with works donated by public institutions and by various artists invited to the 20th Venetian Biennale and the II Roman Quadrennial, the collection was largely dispersed following the war events. In 1994 the approximately sixty remaining works and a substantial nucleus recovered from the Carabinieri weapon were permanently exposed to the public. Since 1996 a project of acquisitions through further donations has enriched the Gallery with an additional 400 works. Currently the Gallery is housed in five rooms of the Palazzo della Cultura and collects works of art that allow a path of Italian art between the two wars favoring the thirties.
The museum is located in Piazza del Quadrato in Latina, in the historic building of the former O.N.C. (National Fighters Work), the body that carried out most of the integral reclamation of the Agro Pontino. The palace, from 1932, like the whole area of the Piazza, is of particular interest; it was one of the first realizations of Littoria by the architect Oriolo Frezzotti and constitutes, with the other buildings in the square, an island of original harmony almost intact. The museum, set up with over a thousand finds, distributed in the various rooms, traces the history of the 20th century, from pre-reclamation, to the agrarian transformation of the Agro Pontino, to its anthropization. It is divided into 5 sections: pre-remediation – scientific section: malaria – agricultural transformation, appoderation – the pioneer newspaper – artistic section.
The garden of Ninfa was declared a Natural Monument by the Lazio Region in 2000 in order to protect the internationally renowned historical garden, the habitat made up of the River Ninfa, the lake mirror formed by it and the surrounding areas that constitute the natural protective frame of the whole complex. The Garden of Ninfa, built from the 1920s on the ruins of the medieval city of Ninfa by the Caetani Family, is open to the public on some days of the year in order to preserve its delicate environmental balance.
The Pantanello Natural Park, which extends for one hundred hectares outside the walls of the Garden of Ninfa, is an example of reconstitution of the original environment of the Pontine Marshes. In Pantanello, six marsh ponds fed by the waters of the Ninfa river were built, differing in depth and extension: three flora ponds, the amphibian pond with still waters devoid of fish fauna, the bird pond with deep waters for aquatic birdlife and seasonal marshy meadows, habitat of numerous insect species, which in turn feed on birdlife. In addition to the ponds, the typical flora of the area has been reintroduced following the studies conducted following the initiative launched in the autumn of 1992 Apennine Ecological Study Centers for the recovery and rescue of the Pontine flora (Progetto Pontina Flora), a valuable contribution was the study conducted by Augusto Beguinot (1875-1940) who described in detail the vegetation of the Pontine Marshes before the last reclamations.
The origins of the Caetani castle, located in the medieval village of Sermoneta, date back to the 13th century when the Holy See entrusted the cities of Sermoneta, Bassiano, San Donato and other annexed territories to the baronial family of the Annibaldi. The Annibaldi built an imposing fortress characterized by the Maschio, a 42 meters high tower and a counter tower, called Maschietto. The fortress represented the fulcrum of city life, with the Church of San Pietro in Corte built in Piazza D’Armi and the large cistern for collecting rainwater built to remedy the lack of water due to the high geographical position.
Duilio Cambellotti in 1934 in Littoria performs the great pictorial cycle with scenes from the Redemption of the Agro for the hall of the Government Palace. These are tempera paintings on large panels (260 x 120 cm) which are spread over three walls: the central element is made up of twelve elements and the side elements are six each. The theme celebrates the reclamation works carried out by the regime (The arrival of the “gray soldiers” reclaimers of the Swamp) with a scenographic type setting: large figures in the foreground and perspective escapes accentuated in the background.